Username Remember Me?
Password   forgot password?

1 of 8
CAN credit card processing deal
Posted: 25 June 2010 10:40 AM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  518
Joined  2007-01-20

Great News for everyone who accepts credit cards or wants to!  CAN has negotiated a partnership with Capital Payments,  a credit processing company that specializes in working with organizations like ours.  We are inviting you to participate and benefit from their great rates, fees, and terms.   Your participation also benefits CAN through a profit sharing partnership program between CAN and Capital Payments.

CAN chose Capital based on rates, fees, terms, flexibility of services offered, customer service, the benefits they offered to CAN, and online reviews of their service.   Capital was chosen from among eight small, medium, and large processors who submitted proposals to CAN.

We appreciated that Capital is able to simplify some of the mystery of merchant processing by offering no contracts, no application and setup fees, no early termination fees, and no monthly minimum processing requirements.  They also reduce some of the other perplexing  fees that can appear unexpectedly on your statement.

Capital can prepare a complimentary rate-analysis for clinics to compare their current processor with Capital.

If you are interested in Capital but are currently in a contract with another company, please let us know.

go to http://capitalpayments.com/can/ and call them to get set up, and make sure to mention that you are a CAN member.  (we haven’t switched over to POCA with them yet—but all the proceeds that go to CAN get transferred to POCA)

Signature 

Posted: 27 June 2010 05:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1037
Joined  2007-10-20

awesome resource

we are not yet at the point of taking cards (we already have the NM 8% gross receipts to contend with), but are so glad to have this to file for future use! it’s nice to know that it can be meaningfully helpful to CAN, as well as to have a dedicated rep to walk us through the process. i love having  transparency on fees, with several dropped altogether.

thanks to everyone who did all the research and leg work on this for us!!!

Melissa

Good health is not a measure of adapting to a sick society.

When the power of love outshines the love of power, the world will know peace.

Signature 

Melissa

full-time acupunk, Providence Community Acupuncture
former owner, We the People Community Acupuncture, Santa Fe

When the power of love outshines the love of power, the world will know peace.

Does your clinic need help?  Click here to find Clinic Success.

Posted: 28 June 2010 10:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  441
Joined  2009-03-21

Is this available in Canda

and soes it cover debit cards as well. I called these folks and haven’t heard anything back from them yet.

Pauline

Posted: 28 June 2010 04:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  484
Joined  2009-03-28

I just signed up with David this morning ~

Thank you CAN! I just signed up for this service this morning and, compared to the other services I’ve researched, this is a very good deal. Be aware that there is a $10 per month service fee. Even though some other companies charge less, the whole package is still very reasonable.

There is no setup fee and the rates are the same for credit AND debit cards. No pin pad is required. The cards accepted are Visa, Mastercard, and Discover. American Express is available at a different rate.

MAKE SURE you review your contract. Initially, David had the wrong rates/fees on the contract. He corrected it quickly once I pointed them out. Although it’s a contract, the term is “0 years” and the termination fee is $0, so you can stop using the service any time and there’s no penalty associated with the stoppage.

The T7+ terminal is simple and easy to use. It conforms to the new security regulations coming out regarding secure processing of transactions.

Steve K
North Seattle Community Acupuncture

Signature 

Steve Knobler, LAc

Posted: 28 June 2010 05:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-01-20

should be!

and yes to the debit cards.  Hopefully you have heard back from him by now or will soon - maybe he’s overwhelmed with calls from CAN folks or something.  That would be awesome.   

Ellen Vincent 

Signature 

Posted: 28 June 2010 05:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-01-20

cool

Thanks for the report back Steve!  Glad to hear you’re happy with the service.  And good advice about reviewing the contract, for sure. 

Ellen Vincent 

Signature 

Posted: 28 June 2010 06:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  700
Joined  2006-10-22

How much does the T7

How much does the T7 terminal processer-reader thing cost? Or is that part of the deal? 

Posted: 28 June 2010 11:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-03-28

The processing terminal…

is part of the deal. If you ever terminate the service, you just need to return the machine.

Steve K

Signature 

Steve Knobler, LAc

Posted: 29 June 2010 12:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-03-28

First time round…

David got back to me the next day. It’s nice that, with the debit cards, you don’t need to have a separate unit for entering pin numbers. With this contract setup, pin numbers aren’t required, but you still get an excellent rate of 1.69% + 20 cents per transaction. My average patient payment is $22. That would cost me about 57 cents to process. There’s the $10/month admin fee, too, but spread out across all of my transactions, it won’t have much impact.

Steve K

Signature 

Steve Knobler, LAc

Posted: 29 June 2010 01:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  700
Joined  2006-10-22

So their cut is $10/month,

So their cut is $10/month, plus a percentage? Can anyone spell it out short and sweet? Thanks Steve!

Posted: 29 June 2010 07:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-01-20

Jordan

a lot of merchant services don’t have a monthly fee, but have other hidden fees that hike up the bill.  Steve did a great job of spelling out the $1.69 + $.20 per transaction  and what that ends up costing them (see his post above, Jordan…).   I think the bottom line is that all of these companies are going to cost you something (we’ve been paying about $230 in fees every month to Chase Paymentech).  But the Capital deal is sweet and I look forward to switching when my contract is up and July and seeing the difference - plus, knowing that it benefits CAN is awesome. 

Signature 

Posted: 29 June 2010 09:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-03-28

Short and Sweet ~

The only fees involved are:

$10/month administrative fee
For each patient payment that you receive, you pay the merchant 1.69% of it plus 20 cents for processing the transaction

Credit card and debit card transactions cost the same.

That’s it. No setup, equipment or cancellation fees.

Steve K

Signature 

Steve Knobler, LAc

Posted: 30 June 2010 12:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  161
Joined  2007-07-09

how noisy is the T7 thing?

My clinic is one room - just thinking about the logistics of adding a new sound.  I currently use Google Checkout for credit card payments that patients do at home on their computer…. but this would be cheaper.thanks. Ronithttp://www.communityacupunctureofmarin.com

Signature 

Ronit
Community Acupuncture of Marin

Posted: 30 June 2010 02:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-03-28

Don’t know…

I hope that someone who already has one will chime in with some real-experience feedback.

One thing I liked about the unit’s description is that it has a thermal printer. No ribbon to change or heavy impact keys suggest a quieter operation. I’ve read T7+ descriptions on several websites and they all say the unit is quiet.

Best to hear from some folks out there who use it. What da ya say CAN’ers???

Steve K

Signature 

Steve Knobler, LAc

Posted: 20 July 2010 06:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-03-28

More info regarding setup/use

Hi Folks,

I started another thread about charge cards so I could include a helpful attachment that explains the keypad usage. Please check out this location: https://www.communityacupuncturenetwork.org/node/5034

Also, I’ve learned a few things that might be helpful to you.

1. The T7Plus IS pretty quiet

2. It’s a bit of a paper hog when generating end-of-day reports and those reports can’t be edited or shortened.

3. This machine is meant to be used by the practitioner or office personnel, NOT the patient. As explained by Tech Support, a patient could swipe his card and promptly give himself a refund of any amount, which you would have to pay! So, either keep this unit behind your desk or do what I did, request that they change the “too obvious” default password “0000” to something else. Then, you can easily lock down the machine in a public area until YOU are ready to register a transaction. Bummer that you can’t ignore it and let patients make their own payments. Even with this inconvenience, taking cards is still worthwhile for me. I hope it is for you as well.

Steve K

Signature 

Steve Knobler, LAc

Posted: 23 July 2010 07:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2010-03-04

credit card service

I have been trying to set up an accounct with David for the past few weeks.  He is completely unresponsive, rarely answers the phone, and after promising to be available all day today, has failed to answer or call back.  This brings to mind the question, “If the sales team is this unresponsive, what will the customer service/tech support be like?” 

I am very frustrated with them.  I don’ tknow that the lower fees are worth the headache in the long run.  

Is anyone else having difficulty getting in touch with them—and what is your impression of their service?

Viola

1 of 8