Joined  2011-06-02

Thanks, Pauline!

Thanks, Pauline!

Posted: 23 August 2010 12:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  518
Joined  2007-01-20

just talked to David

and the answer to both of your questions is yes.  Go attest to compliance, and you will only be billed $6.95..

Signature 

Posted: 24 August 2010 12:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]  
Punk
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1777
Joined  2006-10-25

doesn’t work

i just tried to register and i keep getting an error message - anyone else have this problem?

-tatyana

Signature 

~tatyana, co-manager & acupunk
Sarana Community Acupuncture
http://www.saranaca.org
Albany, CA

Posted: 12 October 2010 05:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]  
Punk
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1564
Joined  2011-06-02

CC payments

There are actually a lot of choices which may fit your needs. For example, Square has just unveiled their CC processing device which plugs into your phone. It’s very handy and it’s PCI compliant. There are at least a hundred companies in this field, it only depends on what you want to do. I’m in a slightly different field and I’m using the Square. It’s pretty cool. You can learn a lot about you options by just reading blogs like creditcardprocessing.net

Posted: 12 October 2010 05:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  630
Joined  2006-09-27

I’m glad somebody brought up Square…

do you use it?  I read about it recently and it sounds like an easy way to do business, all you need is a cell phone and their do-hicky you sign a contract for and you can process CC quite easily.  I will go to that website and check out the options/discussions because I for one think that the whole CC system is usury and should be better regulated.

Posted: 17 November 2010 12:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  228
Joined  2009-07-06

Anyone looked at Square?

https://squareup.com/It’s not in Canada yet, but maybe someone wants to be my guinea pig? It plugs into an iPhone through the internets and even emails the receipt to the client - paperless office indeed.It might only work for us smaller clinics who use mobile phones for a lot of the aspects of our businesses, but it may also be useful for other who don’t like cable clutter.Clayton 

Signature 

“Nothing destroys a good idea faster than a mandatory consensus”

Posted: 02 December 2010 12:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2007-03-30

Credit Card Processing

I am becoming disenchanted with Capital Payments.  It took much longer to receive my machine than I was led to believe, and they don’t do prorated billing.  So I have been billed for the whole month of November even though I didn’t receive my machine until November 18.  In addition to the transaction fees, there is a monthly charge of $6.95 for “PCI Compliance Fee.”  PCI stands for payment card industry.  I was not told about this before, and I never received a copy of my contract.  (My bad, I should have asked.)  I’m not ready to give it up yet, but it may not be worth it.  And, I have to ask myself, do I really want to encourage people to go into debt? 

Posted: 02 December 2010 12:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]  
Rank
Joined  2007-03-30

Credit Card Billing

I’m just reading some previous posts.  Is it possible to just be charged the 6.95 and not 16.95?  Has anyone had any luck with that? Thanks. 

Posted: 02 December 2010 02:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  484
Joined  2009-03-28

$6.95 is the correct amount

Hi Alice,

$6.95 is the correct amount. If you are being charged more, I suggest you contact David directly and get your account corrected. I have called David for several things because my contract was not set up correctly. It has been a frustrating ride. All that said, I believe my account is correct now, and it’s a good deal. Here’s David’s contact info.

David Teska
Account Executive
Applied Merchant Systems

630-702-9405 Cell
312-224-0586 Direct
800-675-6573 Main
312-640-0294 Fax

Steve K
North Seattle Community Acupuncture

Signature 

Steve Knobler, LAc

Posted: 02 December 2010 02:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-03-28

Unfortunately, the PCI Compliance Fee…

is a standard fee that needs payment regardless of which service you use.

As to encouraging people to go into debt, I never feel that I’m doing that. I always suggest that people only pay what is comfortable and affordable for them. What they do beyond that is up to them.

Steve K

Signature 

Steve Knobler, LAc

Posted: 02 December 2010 04:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]  
Rank
Joined  2007-03-30

Credit Card Processing

Thank you, Steve.  I had also gotten frustrated trying to reach David.  He never returned my calls.  I’ll try his cell. 

Alice

Posted: 02 December 2010 10:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-03-28

David’s cell is the only way

that I ever reach him. His service has been sloppy. I comb through my bill meticulously every month. This last one was the first that didn’t have a mistake in rate or fees charged. When I’ve found them, he’s made the corrections, but it’s been a lot of unnecessary work.

Ellen ~ if there was any way to get a different account manager for CAN, I’d be in favor of it.

Steve K

Signature 

Steve Knobler, LAc

Posted: 02 December 2010 11:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  518
Joined  2007-01-20

At this point, I am sad to say I agree.

And at one point I had spoken to David and apparently there is another rep there who can also handle our accounts.  I will find out and get back to you all.  Thank you, Steve, for your active participation with all of these issues.  

Recently, too, I needed some relatively emergency tech support and was trying to reach David, who still hasn’t called me back, but when I called the main number I was helped immediately.  So just FYI, in the meantime, if you can’t reach David, try the main number which is:  1-800-675-6573. 

Signature 

Posted: 03 December 2010 12:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  251
Joined  2006-10-24

Is it worth it?

We’ve been talking about taking cc.  I have to admit that all the troubles and customer service issues do not paint a good picture of this CAN cc deal.  Could someone weigh in on why we’d choose this over a competitor once we do the research?  I’m not trying to be snarky, here.  I would like so support CAN with our participation in this program, but only if the benefits outweigh all the complaints I’ve heard.Thanks, Nancy S.

Posted: 03 December 2010 08:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  257
Joined  2007-07-10

Has anyone run the numbers?

Have any caps figured how much they pay per month and per patient to offer cc service.  I’ve debated offering the service but I’ve decided not to bcz is meant more office work, time, and COST to the clinic.

I’m all for making things easy as possible for patients, but considering the how affordable our services are, I think its fine to ask patients to bring cash or a check.

Ben 

The People’s Acupuncture Clinic

“health for the people… by the people.”

http://www.thepeoplesacupunctureclinic.com

Signature 

Benjamin D. Feeley Lic. Ac. MAOM

The Peoples Acupuncture Clinic Inc.
228 Triangle St.
Amherst, MA 01002
http://www.thepeoplesacupunctureclinic.com

3 of 8