Password   forgot password?

6 of 8
CAN credit card processing deal
Posted: 08 April 2011 12:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 76 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  523
Joined  2007-01-20

Hi Linda,

I haven’t analyzed my Capital bill in great detail, but I can happily tell you that for the past couple of months, my processing bill has been way less expensive than my Chase Paymentech processing bill was.  

Signature 

Posted: 18 May 2011 12:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 77 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  160
Joined  2007-10-02

Anyone else have DSL and cc machine??

I got my cc macine this week and I was SO EXCITED!  But, it turns out, you can’t have DSL on the same line.  Since I have DSL coming in on my phone line, it is now a digital phone line and not analogue.  I really don’t want to have to get another phone line for the cc machine, so at this point, I am probably just going to have to return it.

Funny thing is that I can run the cards and do the transaction no problem, but I can’t settle or do batch reports.  

The phone company can;t change a jack to analogue,, without doing all of them.  So frustrating!  Anyone else have DSL and CC machine?

Signature 

Erica Leaton

Central Coast CA: Newport, Oregon
http://www.cccacupuncture.com

Posted: 18 May 2011 01:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 78 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  628
Joined  2011-02-22

Can’t you combine CC machine and computer?

I know I’ve seen businesses that swipe credit cards into their computers - the keyboard has a built-in swiping slot.  Here’s an example http://www.gci-store.com/items/item.aspx?itemid=5252575

Posted: 18 May 2011 01:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 79 ]  
Punk
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1421
Joined  2006-11-14

We do ours

thru the computer.  We just requested a swiper thing which can be plugged into one of the USB ports.  We don’t have a phone line (b/c we use a cell phone), so this was easier/cheaper for us.

Posted: 18 May 2011 01:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 80 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-02

Jessica,

Is this through

Jessica,

Is this through capitol with the CAN deal?  

David is supposed to be calling me back later to talk to me about my options.

Thanks!

Signature 

Erica Leaton

Posted: 18 May 2011 01:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 81 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  93
Joined  2008-12-09

We have DSL with only one

We have DSL with only one phone line and use a credit card matchine without problems. Is your DSL service through your phone company? Could they help you troubleshoot?

Our DSL is hooked up to a wireless router, giving us wireless internet throughout the space. We then have the phone and credit card hooked up on the line (stemming from a different jack). 

I don’t think we ever had any problems other then if the phone rings while a credit card transaction is running it gets hung up for about a minute (and you can’t answer the phone). We would like to get a second line fairly soon just for convenience.

Shoshana @ TCA

Posted: 18 May 2011 02:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 82 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-02

Thank you for your help.  I

Thank you for your help.  I did call my phone company and they are saying that what the cc company is teling me is wrong.  They suggested that I try the credit card maching at a different location without DSL, just so that I can say that it does or doesn’t work without DSL. 

So i have to find someone without DSL, so that i can use their phone line for a minute.  

Signature 

Erica Leaton

Posted: 18 May 2011 06:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 83 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  484
Joined  2009-03-28

Our setup is just like Shoshana’s

One DSL line shared by the card machine, phone, and computer. We use a separate T7 Plus card reader rather than running the card through a computer attachment. Our only limitation is we can’t make phone calls when someone is using the CC machine.

Steve K
North Seattle Community Acupuncture

Signature 

Steve Knobler, LAc

Posted: 18 May 2011 09:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 84 ]  
Punk
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1421
Joined  2006-11-14

Yup.

Posted: 19 May 2011 06:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 85 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-02

Steve and Shoshana—  Are

Steve and Shoshana—

Are you using the T7plus Hypercom machine that is free with the CAN deal??  I have been told by David now that this machine does not work with DSL phone lines, only analogue.  Just to be clear, I am trying to run it on the phone lne, not through the DSL, but he said once I ahve DSL in the building, the machine will not work with the phone line.

I was told that I need to buy a machine that runs on DSL or go with the virtual cc processing on the computer.  

If you are not using this machine, which one did you buy?

I am thinking this will postpone my getting credit cards going here.  The reason I signed up was the free machine and lower rates.  With the virtual terminal the percentage is 2.19%, instead of 1.69%, plus an extra $10/month fee.  REally only a few cents for each transaction, but it may make a difference in the long run.  

Thanks for your help!

Erica

Signature 

Erica Leaton

Posted: 20 May 2011 09:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 86 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-03-28

Hi Erica,

I am using the T7 Plus along with a DSL modem on the same telephone line. The wiring goes from my wall to my DSL modem, then to my T7Plus, to my fax, and finally to my phone. It all works.

However…my clinic is in a 30 year old building. It’s possible or probable that my phone line is analog and that my DSL modem serves just as a “pass through” device for the phone, leaving it analog for the T7Plus machine.

Steve K

Signature 

Steve Knobler, LAc

Posted: 30 May 2011 05:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 87 ]  
Punk
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1564
Joined  2011-06-02

Easiest way to review your credit card processing statement

Hey was just advised by one of my visitors to check out this forum. I’d love for any of you to provide your experiences with Capital on my website at http://cheapestmerchantaccounts.com/capital-merchant-solutions/ - the site is fairly new and I would love to hear from your first hand perspective of how Capital has treated you and your business.

LindaG, I also wanted to reach out and mention that there is an extremely effective and easy way to look over your credit card processing statement. When the statement comes just check out the summary section - take a look at the total transaction volume and the total fees/bill amount. Divide your fees/costs by the total amount processed - if it runs over 2.75% you are likely over paying. This may mean you need to renegotiate your rates, but also it will be important to determine whether the reason the number is so high is because of the types of cards you are accepting, the way in which you accept them. Then you’ll want to talk with your processor about how the transactions are being processed. Obviously this is simplifying a complex process but I always find that the 2.75% rule is a great way for most merchants to get a quick look at whether they should be concerned that they are far overpaying for their account.

Posted: 07 June 2011 10:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 88 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-03-28

I just did the math…

and I paid 3.1% on my most recent bill. How does this compare with the rest of you out there?

Steve K

Signature 

Steve Knobler, LAc

Posted: 09 June 2011 04:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 89 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  943
Joined  2010-08-30

was that free too?

or did you have to buy it?

Signature 

Nic Kurtz
Ad Astra Acupuncture
Lawrence CANsas

Posted: 14 June 2011 04:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 90 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  943
Joined  2010-08-30

digital/analog phone line

i signed up and asked for the T7 and got it in the mail (took about 3 weeks and i got the first bill before the device ever showed up).

I was just going to add on a landline to my existing service w AT&T but they said they have to have a separate analog line for the phone.  it was going to be $125 to install plus the monthly fee ($30/mo?) and it would be a separate bill.  They cannot bundle uverse with a landline for a better deal.

apparently AT&T installed a digital phone line at my place that is for my DSL (had no lines when i moved in).  The T7 requires an analog line.  

So.. finally got ahold of david and he got me a device that plugs into the computer.  This is another $5 a month.  So my total will be $21.95.  Apparently this has extra options like being able to store peoples info so you dont have to swipe each time and you can set up automatic monthly deductions etc.  (prob wont use most of the bells and whistles)

Also david said they will reimburse me for shipping the T7 back and that he will expidite the new device so I will have it in 3 days. 

Then ill get google voice instead of a land line (cell phone reception has not been the most reliable).  Seems like the cheaper configuration all in all.  

Signature 

Nic Kurtz
Ad Astra Acupuncture
Lawrence CANsas

6 of 8