Password   forgot password?

7 of 8
CAN credit card processing deal
Posted: 19 August 2011 04:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 91 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  484
Joined  2009-03-28

Anybody still seeking David Teska?

Our Account Exec has been “missing in action”, not returning any phone calls, even to his cell #. I finally got hold of another Account Exec. His name is Paul Chimko. He says David has moved on to another position in the company. Paul said he would help with service/support for any CAN members and knows that I’m posting his contact information. His ph# is 1-800-675-6573 ext. 6795.

Ellen, if you have someone other than David already lined up, please let us know. Otherwise, I’ll continue with Paul.

Thanks ~ Steve K
North Seattle Community Acupuncture

Signature 

Steve Knobler, LAc

Posted: 19 August 2011 07:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 92 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  943
Joined  2010-08-30

thats good

i had a hell of a time getting anything done with david.  it took me a few months before i was able to charge a single card.  sent a nasty letter to his supervisor and they credited my account for the last few months.  i decided i was not going to talk to him anymore and just call the customer support line when i needed something—they have been super prompt btw. 

sorry to vent but i am totally done with that guy and am glad to see him go.

Signature 

Nic Kurtz
Ad Astra Acupuncture
Lawrence CANsas

Posted: 19 August 2011 09:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 93 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-03-28

My sentiments, too!

Nick,

I’m paying just over 3% of my charge receipts to these guys. May I ask, is that about what you’re paying? Paul said he couldn’t do any better for us.

Steve K

Signature 

Steve Knobler, LAc

Posted: 23 August 2011 01:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 94 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  523
Joined  2007-01-20

thanks for the update Steve

and nope, i don’t have another contact.  Things with Capital have been going smoothly for PCA.  

Signature 

Posted: 24 August 2011 12:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 95 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-08-30

not sure

not sure at the moment.  I think my last bill was strange because i had some credits on there.  Should be able to to figure it out though.  Ill try to find it and get back to you.  If not ill figure it out for the next bill i get.  

nick

Signature 

Nic Kurtz
Ad Astra Acupuncture
Lawrence CANsas

Posted: 24 August 2011 01:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 96 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-03-28

Thanks very much Nick

When I talked with Paul, he said their pricing is cut to the bone for us and they can’t do any better.

Steve K

Signature 

Steve Knobler, LAc

Posted: 12 September 2011 12:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 97 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-08-30

well..

Hey Steve

I got my bill and it looks like im paid about 4.4% this month of my total reciepts. 

Just to make sure we are talking about the same thing—total cc reciepts $870.  Total fees $38.57.

38.57/870=  0.04433

If i remember correctly im paying an extra $5 for the usb card swiper.  The only $5 fee is listed as “bank service fee” so im not sure if im being charged for the swiper or not…

Anyways, if i take off $5 from my fees then 

33.57/870= 0.03858

then that is closer to your 3% but it still seems like your getting the better deal.  Maybe if I had more cc sales the % would be better—most people pay in cash or check smile

hope that helps

—Nick

Signature 

Nic Kurtz
Ad Astra Acupuncture
Lawrence CANsas

Posted: 12 September 2011 05:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 98 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-03-28

Thanks Nick. Your numbers help very much.

One thing I learned from Paul is that we get charged additional amounts when people use credit cards that have special offers/programs (cash back/rewards points, etc). You’ll see these charges in the section labeled “CPS/SMALL TICKET”.

To hold down costs, he suggested advising people to use their debit cards whenever possible.

BTW - my monthly bank service fee is $10 and I’m using a T7+ card machine.

Steve K

Signature 

Steve Knobler, LAc

Posted: 12 September 2011 07:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 99 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-08-30

interesting

yeah i have just been running everything as credit.  not sure if I can even do debit because there is no key pad just a swiper.  Interesting that we have different bank service fees?  Wonder what thats about.  I guess that is not the swiper after all—maybe they are not charging me extra for that?

Signature 

Nic Kurtz
Ad Astra Acupuncture
Lawrence CANsas

Posted: 14 September 2011 01:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 100 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-03-28

If we’ve both got the same deal…

then I’m thinking you’ll be able to run debit cards. The T7+ unit that I use doesn’t have a separate pin pad. People run their debit cards just like credit cards without entering their pins.

Steve K

Signature 

Steve Knobler, LAc

Posted: 25 November 2011 12:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 101 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  628
Joined  2011-02-22

Intuit now has something like the Square - it also works with Android and Iphones.  The rate is even cheaper, quite a bit so with a fair amount of volume.  http://payments.intuit.com/products/basic-payment-solutions/mobile-credit-card-processing.jsp 

Does anyone here have any experience with this?

Posted: 02 January 2012 07:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 102 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2011-12-22

hey gang,

i just signed up with square up for a free credit card processor that plugs into my phone. there’s no monthly fee or minimums. they charge 2.75% per transaction (it’s a bit more if you have to type in their card info), which is something like 40 cents on a $15 treatment. they deposit it directly into my bank account. here’s the website:

https://squareup.com

haven’t processed a payment through it yet, but hey, it looks promising…

hayley

Signature 

Hayley Enright, AP, Chief Organizer of Merriment at ODCA

Posted: 31 January 2012 01:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 103 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  239
Joined  2008-08-05

Is POCA still receiving a benefit from Capital Payments? We are researching where to do our credit card processing and want to know if POCA makes money if we go with Capital.

This was posted in 2010:

CAN through a profit sharing partnership program between CAN and Capital Payments.

Thanks!
sonja

Signature 

Sonja Sivesind
Clinic owner/Punk in Seattle, WA
POCA Volunteer: Clinic Success

Posted: 14 February 2012 01:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 104 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  523
Joined  2007-01-20

We are still getting residuals, Sonja. 

AND FYI there is a $50 referral promo going on right now, see if you qualify, I’m gonna grab that for PCA #2.

Signature 

Posted: 27 February 2012 06:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 105 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  210
Joined  2011-01-21

I’ve just reviewed this entire thread and wanted to inquire about what’s the recommended cc option, and if capital is even an option for poca members.I’m just getting started, and sorry if I’m behind in all this.

First, I can’t access the link to the capital payments can deal on ellen’s original post.  Does this mean there’s no deal for POCA members through capital payments?  any help?

Second, it seems like Intuit and Square are new cheap and hassle free options, if you are going to use an iphone or android. 

I would prefer to swipe cc’s through my computer through a USB port.  What cc processing company do you recommend I use if I’m going with a USB? 

Lastly, seems like square and intuit don’t have anything that works with a usb, am I seeing this correctly?

Thanks, ryan

Signature 

ryan bemis
130 s. main
las cruces, NM 88001
crossroadsacupuncture.com

7 of 8