POCA Forums

Username Remember Me?
Password   forgot password?

South Asheville Community Clinic for sale
Posted: 18 January 2012 07:39 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2008-11-26

Living Points Community Acupuncture Clinic is looking for a new punk to buy out a punk moving out of the state. This clinic has 3 punks sharing a 7 chair treatment space, intake room with treatment table, kitchenette, waiting room and bath. 3 years into practice with steady referrals and NP appointments, low to no rent and few utility payments.

Leaving punk is happy to mentor and train new punk if time allows and she is hoping to get $7,000.00 so she can start a new clinic in her new city.
http://www.livingpoints.net 828-687-8747 ask for Janet or Alyssa

Posted: 18 January 2012 11:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1037
Joined  2007-10-20

Hi Living Points,
I’m probably being dense, but I’m not sure how this proposal is meant to work? Are you all independent contractors? Will this person be an employee? For the $7000 investment, what is the punk getting in return? do you own the building? I had someone who will be graduating soon ask me about it, and I couldn’t explain. Thanks!

Signature 

Melissa

full-time acupunk, Providence Community Acupuncture
former owner, We the People Community Acupuncture, Santa Fe

When the power of love outshines the love of power, the world will know peace.

Does your clinic need help?  Click here to find Clinic Success.

Posted: 19 January 2012 01:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2008-11-26

Hey Melissa, As I am sure you know CA clinics can be set up in many different ways, and honestly this sounds more complicated than it really is. Right now we are 2 business entities partnering under a “doing business as” company named Living Point Community Acupuncture Clinic. Then we also have a space rental agreement with a 3rd acupuncturist. The acupuncturist that is renting from us is leaving in February and we would like to the next acupuncturist joining us to take more responsibility in building a practice and ownership in the clinic. One of the two partnering entities is an LLC, the next acupuncturist can choose to either become a partner member of that LLC with a written understanding that we all are equal partners in Living Points Community Acupuncture Clinic or they can choose to be their own business entity partnering with the other two under the umbrella name. For $7000 they are given opportunity to walk into a full running clinic with an equal share to equipment, New clients and everything else business related. They get to be mentored by 2 seasoned CA practitioners, will have extremely low overhead costs (around $250 a month everything included)and won’t have to deal with the usual start-up pains. I am hoping the 2nd business entity, a sol-pro., will also merge into the LLC in 2012, but that is her call. The clinic cost us each ~$5000 when it opened in 2009 and much more has been put into it over the last 3+ years. $7000 is a figure we decided we would be comfortable accepting for sharing our clinic with a 3rd practitioner (but like most things it is negotiable.)
I hope this explanation helps…like I said it sounds more complicated that it really is and I would be happy to talk to anyone more about it personally if they are interested in joining us.
Thanks and have a great day.
Alyssa

Posted: 01 October 2012 10:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2012-03-12

Any bites on your proposal?