POCA Forums

Username Remember Me?
Password   forgot password?

Denver Open Acupuncture is closing, Unity Community Acupuncture is opening
Posted: 25 October 2012 06:05 PM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  119
Joined  2007-01-23

It is with a mix of sadness and excitement, but no regrets, that I am telling you of the closure of Denver Open Acupuncture at the close of business on Thursday November 15th.  But, I also would like to take the opportunity to let you know of the opening of a new clinic, one that I hope is just days away from making its appearance on the locate a clinic list, Unity Community Acupuncture, on November 16th just 8 blocks north of the current Denver Open Acupuncture location and next door to its original location.  In addition, Unity Community Acupuncture will be taking over Denver Open Acupuncture’s phone number (and patient charts) so as to benefit from the 5 ½ years of the phone number being associated with true community acupuncture.  The Denver Open Acupuncture website will redirect to Unity Community’s website with this transition as well.

As some of you know, this is a long time coming.  And I want to take this opportunity to thank the entire POCA community.  Many years ago, it was my late mentor, Jim Ramholz, who kept me intrigued and enthused about the possibilities of acupuncture and Asian medicine.  Once I discovered Lisa’s columns in Acupuncture Today and the CAN community, it was all of you who took over that role and kept me in the acupuncture community many years longer than I would have been otherwise.  And it was opening Denver Open Acupuncture that led me to the path towards earning an MPH and a desire to take down my shingle and work more for systemic change (in part to preserve what diminished Jing I have left).

So thank you, my dear fellow acupunks, even though I have been far less involved with the community once I started work towards my MPH.  I plan to remain part of the community and will now likely become more involved with this site and the movement as a whole.  Once the clinic closes, I hope to become more involved with the fundraising efforts for POCA Tech, and plan to carry the POCA mission, philosophy, and mindset out into wherever I find myself in the systems world.

In the meantime, I am looking forward to a few weeks of doing several hours of qi gong a day and cheering Brandee Goedecke-Shilling and Unity Community Acupuncture on from the sidelines and the forums. 

For now, goodbye and thanks for all the fish.

Posted: 29 October 2012 01:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  67
Joined  2011-12-28

best of luck to you on your new adventures! smile

Posted: 12 November 2012 12:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Punk
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2354
Joined  2006-11-07

Good luck, Jenn!