POCA Forums

Username Remember Me?
Password   forgot password?

Idyllwild Community Acupuncture for Sale
Posted: 27 November 2010 01:10 PM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  53
Joined  2007-10-03

For personal reasons, I’m moving to Oregon, and leaving this sweet little town and this busy little clinic, so appreciated by the community.  I’d so love for a likeminded CANner to come take it over, if possible.

Idyllwild is a mtn town of about 3500 residents, located in southern CA.  It rises 6000 ft above Hemet and Palm Springs, on each side.  There are no Targets, WalMarts, McDonalds, or Starbucks here….but there is a health food store and the clinic is next door to yoga studio and pilates.  There is not a stoplight in the town…..but much music, art, entertainment, and a wonderfully diverse community.  Hiking, climbing, being in nature, and living a slower pace is the gift of this town…

I have been the only acupuncturist here for 6 years, first in a BA and now this community clinic has been open for a little over two years.  I steadily see from 50 (at slow times) to 75’ish (at busy times) and it is just me.  There is room for growth, as I do not advertise much at all, nor have been open to all the weekend visitors.  I have some volunteers who help out, but no employees.  The space has a large room with 8 recliners, a beautiful waiting room, side office, and back room with massage table ( and I do have a massage therapist who works there on days I’m not there)

Would be very sad to leave this community without acupuncture, as the clinic has been SO supported….so if someone thinks this lifestyle would be appealing, you can check out my website @ www.idyllwildcommunityacupuncture.com, and/or e-mail me @krisethier@gmail.com.

I will be moving around March.

Posted: 27 November 2010 01:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2298
Joined  2006-09-29

Good luck with the sale and move.

I’ll ask around to see if I can find anyone interested in your clinic.  So where are you moving in Oregon?

Signature 

I AM SKIP VAN METER AND I MAKE SUPERPUNKS

Arbitrary and Authoritarian

Co-owner, Working Class Acupuncture, Portland

Posted: 27 November 2010 06:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-03

Thanks Skip!

and that would be Bend, Oregon…...where my “honey” is!

smile

Posted: 27 November 2010 07:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  340
Joined  2009-03-16

In a heartbeat!

Oh, give me just another 10 years while my kids finish high school and then I’m there!  Idyllwild is such a beautiful place - and if you are a rock climber, it’s a very fine destination, indeed.  I can see why you are feeling sad to go—but it sounds exciting considering there’s a “honey” luring you to Bend!

Good luck.  And to anybody out there who is wanting to do CA in a picture perfect place, don’t hesitate on this chance!

Julia in Berkeley

Posted: 27 November 2010 09:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2298
Joined  2006-09-29

Bend could use an honest CA clinic

Recession’s really messed with that town.  Lots of unemployment; home values in the toilet, etc.

Signature 

I AM SKIP VAN METER AND I MAKE SUPERPUNKS

Arbitrary and Authoritarian

Co-owner, Working Class Acupuncture, Portland

Posted: 27 November 2010 09:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-03

I’ll ponder…

Of course have thought of opening in Bend when I get there….but I do feel daunted by knowing NO ONE at all and trying to do that alone.  I had SO much help here in Idyllwild putting together that clinic, and knew so many in the town already.  We might only be there for a few years (as he has two boys, 15 and 16, which is why he is there…) and then we may leave….so just not enough time.  Thought I might be “visiting punk” for those who need vacation times in the area (like Portalnd!) and then when we settle permantly….maybe open a CAP then…

So, you’ve been here Julia?  Maybe someone can hold down the fort for you till you can come!  It IS a rare place on the planet.

Also, I’m not looking to “make money” here….but only to find someone to serve this town, so the cost of sale will only be the furniture and office supplies, that I would otherwise put in storage if I have to close.

Posted: 28 November 2010 12:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1431
Joined  2007-03-26

best of luck, Kristin

...here’s to a happy landing in Bend.

Signature 

Punk, co-worker, ED @ Manchester Acupuncture Studio in Manchester & Nashua, NH

Posted: 28 November 2010 07:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-03

Thnaks Andy…

...   smile

Posted: 29 November 2010 10:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  460
Joined  2008-02-01

Swing by Chico sometime

Hi Kristin - I know we’re about a 6-hour drive south of Bend, but it looks like we’ll be needing some vacation coverage next summer. Swing by sometime or give a call if you think you’d like to chat about it. Good luck!

Michelle Faucher

Chico Community Acupuncture

http://www.ChicoCommunityAcupuncture.com

530-564-1646

Signature 

“Jersey” Michelle Rivers
Punk at Chico Community Acupuncture
NorCal, between Sacramento and Redding

Posted: 05 December 2010 08:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-03

Will do!

Just seeing this Michelle!  Hmmm…..I’m driving up after Xmas to see my man and then we are both driving back together after New Year’s…..maybe on one of those, I/we’ll stop by!  Would just be fun to see your clinic and maybe get stuck!  I’ll be in touch!

Posted: 26 December 2010 02:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  21
Joined  2009-04-09

Want to come and check out your space

Hi there,I live in Ontario, CA and thinking of opening up a CA in Chino/ Chino Hills by summer.Would love to come and check out your space. Unsure of the distance b.w Ontario to Idyllwild.Please write to me .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) could come on M/W/F.Happy New Year.   

Posted: 06 February 2011 01:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2010-10-13

Sounds like something I

Sounds like something I would really like…but California won’t recognize my national certification for licensing since I didn’t go to a California approved school.  Wish I knew a way around that.

Posted: 05 March 2011 03:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  22
Joined  2009-04-07

no way around that one Don.

I am living proof about that as I will finally finish my (second) education in acupuncutre this year to practice in Cali. How bout coming to Yuma, AZ instead and buying my clinic as I am working on the post right now to sell?

Sacha Landreneau

Yuma Community Acupuncture