Posted: 14 March 2014 11:24 AM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  31
Joined  2008-01-20

St George Community Healing Arts, Utah’s oldest CAP, for sale in St. George, UT
At the intersection of Utah’s desert, canyonland and mountains

In business since 2007.
Total office space over 2,000 s.f.
One large community room with 12 La Fuma recliners that we fold up for classes and workshops;
3 small treatment rooms; currently renting one to a massage therapist for $350 who’d like to stay on with a new owner;
Rent: $1,200 + utilities;
Super enthusiastic and supportive patient community;
Great location: huge parking lot; 100 feet from one of the main roads in St. George
Turnkey operation: hoping to leave all equipment, furniture, etc.
I’d enjoy teaching/mentoring new owner if that would help.
Approx. 1500 patient files; we shifted to computerized files on Cliniko last year, hugely simplifying patient records, inventory, scheduling, etc.
3,000+ treatments last year; grossed $94,000 runnning clinic 3 days/week (M,W,F)

We initially invested $10,000 to get the clinic up and running, have put several thousand more in, and would like a good chunk of that back but are willing to negotiate.

The best place we’ve ever been for hiking, mtn biking and outdoor activities; 340 days of sunshine a year. One hour from Zion National Park, 3 hours from Bryce and the Grand Canyon.

At this point the clinic is pretty much self-sustaining, with lots of word-of-mouth referrals.

Please contact me if you’re interested or know someone else who might be: .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address); cell: 435-669-2666

Thanks.

Mark Montgomery

Posted: 29 March 2014 12:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRank
Joined  2008-01-20

I thought you all might like to know that the day after I got back from POCAFest Tucson I got a call from a BA practitioner/businessman from Northern Utah, offering me $15,000 for the practice. He said he wanted to “keep the clinic the same for a while” but it was clear he wanted to hire some newly graduated student with no CA experience to run it for him as a cash cow, eventually shifting it over to a “real” clinic.

His proposal opened up all kinds of interesting questions for me. I’ve turned him down but it’s really gotten me thinking about how it’s possible that a vibrant, $100,000/year business can’t find a buyer who understands and shares the philosophy behind CA. And this is a business that’s (most of the time) REALLY FUN to run and obviously “right livelihood.”

Funny world.

Posted: 18 June 2014 04:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  237
Joined  2008-08-05

Mark! Are you still running St George Community Healing Arts while you look for a buyer to take over? I keep meeting more people from St George and like talking you up. Hope things are well there for you!

Signature 

Sonja Sivesind
Clinic owner/Punk in Seattle, WA
POCA Volunteer: Clinic Success

Posted: 24 June 2014 09:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRank
Joined  2008-01-20

Hey, Sonja. Great to hear from you. smile
We’ve sold our house here in SG and are enjoying our last months before moving to Bend in September.
We’ve gotten a few more nibbles on the practice and are still focused on finding someone to take over here—-it has been a really fascinating process.
Someone recommended we hire a broker to see if he could sell the practice for us, and since I hadn’t heard of any punks
trying that, I went ahead and did it, just to see what would happen, given the seeming disjunction between the CAN model and most clinics and clinic sales. Results are inconclusive so far, but I’ll report back after we’ve made the transition, however that happens.

Mark

Posted: 16 July 2014 09:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2009-11-13

What/how is the licensing process for Utah?

Posted: 20 July 2014 12:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  491
Joined  2010-01-23

I don’t have any inside information, but from the DOPL site it looks pretty straightforward—http://www.dopl.utah.gov/licensing/acupuncture.html

I sure hope something works out.  It makes me sad to think of all of these happy clients losing their clinic—especially when there are so many LAcs looking for opportunities.

Posted: 28 July 2014 04:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
RankRank
Joined  2008-01-20

Hey, Dharmachic. Sorry not to have responded earlier to your post—-I just saw it when Elaine posted her reply.
Utah is easy—-just the NCCAOM exam (in Ac.) and a very easy multiple choice exam on state laws that requires an hour of studying to pass.
No herbs or other complications….After trying for two years to get a license in Nevada I had my Utah license in hand two weeks after applying…..

Mark