Username Remember Me?
Password   forgot password?

California Tutorial Program (edit: *not*) taking student applications
Posted: 22 March 2014 04:07 PM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  460
Joined  2008-02-01

EDIT:
At this time, we are not planning to offer a tutorial program until 2020 at the earliest.

Hi! We are taking applications for one opening that’s available in our new tutorial program. Contact us if you’d like to apply.

About the tutorial route:
To obtain a license to practice acupuncture in California, a person can either attend an acupuncture school that is approved by the Board or complete a tutorial program that is approved by the Board. The tutorial route to licensure exists in order to serve students who live too far away from a school, cannot afford school tuition (tutorial students do not pay their supervisors), or wish to study a specialty that is not taught in the schools. This is a perfect fit for future CA punks who want to focus on the techniques and clinic systems that make a CA clinic thrive.

About the tutorial program:
You will immediately become an integral part of the clinic team as you work side-by-side with an experienced practitioner during busy clinic shifts. You will learn what you need to know in order to be effective clinically, at the same time as you take on various roles within clinic administration and hone your business skills. At the end of the tutorial program, you will be qualified to take the California licensing exam. You will need to apply to POCAtech or another California-approved school to complete a set number of classroom hours, and you will need to complete your biomedical science requirements at a regionally-accredited school. There will be two tutorial students, so you will have a study-buddy.

About the tutorial supervisors:
You will work with your clinical supervisor, who has 10 years of experience, over 4 of which have been at some of California’s busiest CA clinics. You will also work with me, as the business and admin mentor to teach you and supervise your non-poking skills. I have 15 years of business experience, 4 of them running successful CAPs. POCATV, POCAtech, POCAfests, and the forums will be your 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, etc teachers.

About you:
You are committed to practicing community acupuncture in the tradition of POCA. You are willing to relocate to Chico for the duration of your tutorial program (3 or 4 years), and you are enthusiastic about potentially staying in Chico and working with us long-term after you are licensed. You are good at organizing and managing your tasks and time independently, and you have great follow-through on your commitments. You love people and can’t wait to learn how to be more helpful to the folks in your community.

Signature 

“Jersey” Michelle Rivers
Punk at Chico Community Acupuncture
NorCal, between Sacramento and Redding

Posted: 23 March 2014 03:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1120
Joined  2006-11-26

That’s awesome!  I wish I could start over and become the Pinwheel student.

Signature 

Circle CA

Poutine?  Who has the poutine?