POCA Forums

Username Remember Me?
Password   forgot password?

2 of 3
Golden Needle 5% Discount for All CAN Members!
Posted: 24 February 2010 02:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  280
Joined  2007-07-05

10% Discount for new customers

That makes a great thing even better. Thanx for making this happen. 

Posted: 24 February 2010 04:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  647
Joined  2007-05-08

10% vs. 5%

Just to let everyone know-

The FIRST time you order you get 10% off as a new customer.  This does NOT combine with the 5%, but all subsequent orders will receive 5% off.

Their needles (DBC, anyway - my faves) are cheaper than from Lhasa OMS and shipping charges are by weight, except when beyond a certain weight in which case they charge a flat rate of $9.

Great deal!

Signature 

Justine Deutsch Myers, Lic. Ac., Acupuncture Together

Posted: 24 February 2010 06:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  625
Joined  2007-06-25

Spring handle. I’d been using

Vincos previously. I used the DBCs on myself last week and it was no comparison w/ the Vinco—for me, almost no pain w/ DBCs and  the insertion to deeper level is very smooth and easy. My clients also like the DBCs. My more needle-sensitive clients noticed the difference too and like it more.

Signature 

David Villanueva
Oasis Community Acupuncture
Newark, CA

Posted: 26 March 2010 11:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  161
Joined  2007-07-09

EACU needles

Just a little note about these EACU needles. I tried them because I am a Seirin addict and thought they were good when I tried the sample.  I bought 20 boxes and this is what happened.

I am a fast needler, and the glue tab on the handle of the needles often gets stuck on the tube causing the needle to lift out again when you pull the tube away after tapping it in.  It slows me down and sometimes I have to do a point over again, not fun for patients!  This happens at least once an hour in my clinic.  I don’t recommend these needles.  I am going to buy a bunch of DBC ones now.  They are smooth and I have to get away from the expensive habit! 

Ronit

http://www.communityacupunctureofmarin.com

Signature 

Ronit
Community Acupuncture of Marin

Posted: 01 April 2010 06:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  857
Joined  2007-03-23

I weaned myself off the

I weaned myself off the Seirins and acuglides over a year ago.  I find the DBC great even for super sensitive patients or kids.  Save the money!  

Posted: 27 April 2010 05:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  89
Joined  2007-05-24

AcuDepot discount for CAN members

AcuDepot is offering a 5% discount on DBC Spring Ten needles to CAN members. Their everyday price on these needles is $20.00, so they’re already pretty low. But, if you mention you are a CAN member, you can now get them for $19.00 per box. I just placed my first order with them.  To place an order call (800) 404-7376 and ask for Charles or Damien. You’ll have to ask for the discount, this is all new for them.  Shipping cost depends on the size of your order. It ships from Southern California. Happy Savings, Barbara 

Posted: 05 May 2010 05:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]  
Punk
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1421
Joined  2006-11-14

Thanks Biba!

I added the info to our membership page.  http://www.communityacupuncturenetwork.org/join

Posted: 13 July 2010 09:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]  
Punk
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1564
Joined  2011-06-02

Same here!

Same here!

Posted: 01 September 2010 01:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2010-03-16

Acudepot is charging more now

I just called Acudepot today. They said they never sale $19.00 per box to CAN members. Their everyday price now is $20.50. They are still giving discount to CAN members and it will be $20.00 per box.

Green Point Acupuncture L.L.C. 

http://greenpointacupuncture.net 

Signature 

Weihua Wang
Green Point Acupuncture
greenpointacupuncture.com

Posted: 02 September 2011 11:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]  
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1120
Joined  2006-11-26

No to Golden Needle

We have stopped using Golden Needle.  We were happy to use them for the discount, but unfortunately their service has ranged from spotty to ridiculously incompetent.

On multiple orders we have received wrong items, had items missing, and recenlty have had damged items sent to us. 

The straw that broke this camel’s back was when they sent us boxes of 1” pipe handle DBC needles with faulty packaging.  Each box had multiple packs of needles  in which the needles were sticking out of the paper packaging. When we contacted GN, they told us “no problem… send them back and we’ll send you replacements.” So, we sent them back. Well, 3 weeks and numerous phonecalls and promises later, the replacement needles have not arrived and Golden Needle has charged our account for the replacements!

Good bye to Golden Needle, the CAN discount is not worth the hassle.

David L f’ing Ac (my earned title)

Signature 

Circle CA

Poutine?  Who has the poutine?

Posted: 02 September 2011 11:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  280
Joined  2007-07-05

Wow!  This could not be

Wow!  This could not be more different from my experience with them.  Who have you dealt with concerning your problems?  I have only had one problem with an incorrect item sent and Joey was on it.  I have talked with him many times on the phone about orders/backorders and even a little chit chat.  His customer service has been stellar.  There is another guy (blanking on name) who has always been helpful as well.  There is a new (ish) girl who is less on her game.

It sounds like you are done David.  Not sure if you’ve talked directly with Joey but if you have anything left to put towards this I’m sure he would appreciate the feedback. Sorry for your hassles.

It has been my hope that GN would jump on board as POCA members but we can’t have them pissing off current board members!

Posted: 02 September 2011 12:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]  
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1120
Joined  2006-11-26

details

We originally dealt with Barry.  He did an ok job.  Orders came in with mistakes, but were corrected without too much hassle.

This latest fiasco was orchestrated by Lisa.  She did a crappy job and made and broke way too many promises.

I wanted to like GN.  They are a small business and I want to do business with them because of that.  However, I’ve just found them too unreliable.  One detail… when we called about the faulty needles they sent us a return label via email.  Who was the return label for?  Not Golden Needle!  The needles were returned to Lhasa, which is where GN is buying DBCs from.  I would lve it if CAN/POCA could work out a discount from them.

David L f’ing Ac (my earned title)

Signature 

Circle CA

Poutine?  Who has the poutine?

Posted: 31 March 2012 11:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  23
Joined  2011-11-17

I just placed a big needle order of DBC’s with Golden Needle after dropping my jaw at Lhasa/OMS prices which are 30-35% higher. I also looked at one other company - I am forgetting which one. I wrote to Lhasa/OMS pointing out that their prices were much higher than the others and asked them if they would consider matching the lower price, but did not hear an answer. Joey from GN got back to me quickly. I will carefully inspect the packing list per David’s comments above.

Jordan

Signature 

Community is the Heart of Health

Posted: 31 March 2012 02:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  943
Joined  2010-08-30

I have been using GN for the past 8 months or so and have never had a problem.  Very satisfied.

Signature 

Nic Kurtz
Ad Astra Acupuncture
Lawrence CANsas

Posted: 08 May 2013 01:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  278
Joined  2009-11-21

I just received excellent customer service when I called to inquire about Balance needles.
Golden Needle sells boxes of 1000 needles for $19.95. You get a 5% discount for being a POCA member, and they cap their shipping at $9.00. If your items are back ordered they pay the shipping. You get a 10% discount for your first order, then the 5% after that.

We currently use DBC 16x15. I am going to order Balance in that size and try them out. They only have 2 boxes in stock right now but can get more weekly.

Signature 

Ashley O’Brian
Acupuncture Together of Austin

2 of 3