POCA Forums

Username Remember Me?
Password   forgot password?

1 of 3
Acurea USA:  5% discount for all POCA members + free shipping on orders over $50!
Posted: 12 November 2014 01:08 PM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  46
Joined  2013-01-17

More POCA discounts, ya-hooo!!!!

We got the tip on Acurea from Tatyana over at Sarana Community Acupuncture, and so we gave them a call to request a sample!

408-440-1855
http://www.acureausa.com/home/
.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

I figured, hey, why not? and so I went ahead and asked Monika if they’d be interested in giving a POCA discount . . . and they are!

So, the details:
All POCA people get a 5% discount on your order.  Just write “POCA” when you check out!

We’re excited to try out a big order of their Aculux (Korean handle) needles—they come 500 to a box, and if you order 10 boxes or more, that’s now going to be $7.59 a box . . . so that’s $15.18 for 1000 needles!!! 

And Aculux is a fun name for a needle.

http://www.acureausa.com/needles-inserters-and-blood-letters/aculux-plastic-handle-needles-1/aculux-needles-korean-style-handle.html

Signature 

Michelle,
WCA - Cully punk / supplies orders / online store
Working Class Acupuncture, Portland, OR

Posted: 12 November 2014 04:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Punk
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1775
Joined  2006-10-25

Awesome! those needles are great, thanks, POCA!

Signature 

~tatyana, co-manager & acupunk
Sarana Community Acupuncture
http://www.saranaca.org
Albany, CA

Posted: 12 November 2014 07:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1047
Joined  2010-04-02

This is very cool! I just tried to check out though and putting “POCA” in the discount code box doesn’t do anything…

Signature 

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud. -Henry Rollins

Posted: 12 November 2014 11:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRank
Joined  2013-01-17

I’ll write Monika and report back!

Signature 

Michelle,

Posted: 13 November 2014 11:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-04-02

Thanks! Even still, I spent $80. on Aculuxes for what would be $120 for DBCs from Lhasa so the POCA discount will make that awesome deal even better!

Signature 

Posted: 13 November 2014 01:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRank
Joined  2013-01-17

Hopefully it works now—she said she forgot to do it! wink

Signature 

Michelle,

Posted: 13 November 2014 04:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
RankRank
Joined  2013-01-17

They’re having technical issues with getting the code to work—should be fixed soon, but in the meantime, give her a call, and she will happily give you the discount!

408-440-1855

Signature 

Michelle,

Posted: 14 November 2014 05:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-04-02

Just wanted to say: WOW on shipping! I look forward to out discount next time, but I ordered these needles Wednesday/2days ago, late afternoon, shipping was free for 10 boxes, and the shipment got here before 4pm today - San Jose to DC! Lhasa took twice that and I could drive to their location in 8 hours. Awesome all around so far!

Signature 

Posted: 19 November 2014 11:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
RankRank
Joined  2013-01-17

Monika tells me the “POCA” discount code works at checkout now!

Signature 

Michelle,

Posted: 07 January 2015 07:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  391
Joined  2010-02-04

We ordered a bunch of the .18x30mm Aculux and were super unimpressed.  The needles were shorter than the DBCs, much lighter/flimsy, felt barbed at the end and didn’t want to come out of people, and had a lot of bouncers (they were blunt and wouldn’t go in.  We have ripped through 10 boxes- so it is a good sample size- but really disliked them.  I really wanted to like them, because Acurea was awesome!  They were super helpful and shipped fast, but both of us punks here were not happy campers :(  Bummer! Back to the more expensive DBCs for us.

Signature 

Clinical Coordinator for POCA Tech
Former Owner/Punk at Little Bird Community Acupuncture

Posted: 07 January 2015 10:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  376
Joined  2008-01-09

These weren’t our favorite either for same reasons. They will send sample packs out to you if you email them though and want to give them a shot.

Signature 

Tucson Acupuncture Co-op

worker-owner, nap enthusiast.

http://www.acupuncturecoop.com

Posted: 07 January 2015 10:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  215
Joined  2012-05-09

I ordered a bunch of Acurea needles from them and love how smooth they are for patients, though the packaging is a little tricky…like soy sauce wrappers, so it’s hard to get them out and put them back in if I don’t use them all, but the price was only $16.99 per box, plus free shipping and very, very fast along with great customer service!

I’m getting the hang of the wrappers, so we’ll see. I do like the needles themselves though.

Signature 

Susan Wiggins

Owner/Punk at Long Beach Community Acupuncture
http://www.longbeachcommunityacupuncture.com

Posted: 08 January 2015 03:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-04-02

Still working out great for me too, i asked a few regulars if they noticed any differences in the feel and they said no, and aside from the package paper not always hanging over the plastic part where you grab to pull it open i found it all the same. Very glad to have found them!

Signature 

Posted: 08 January 2015 10:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  89
Joined  2011-06-10

This is a great deal.  Was eager to order until I read that they are silicone coated - and not just once but twice which I didn’t even know existed.

Am I the only one who’s weary of silicone coating?

Posted: 30 January 2015 11:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  819
Joined  2008-01-15

today acurea fishhooks got stuck in multiple patient’s yintang on the way out - FFS ! so… great price, but too many bouncers, fishhooks, and oddballs ( how about one needle longer than the others in the same pack?  um, paging quality control… ) 10-20% (or more) are bad at least.

we are trying to work through our last batch to see if this was a manufacturing fluke.  will update later, but likely back to DBCs where there were occasional issues, but nowhere near this many.

Posted: 07 February 2015 06:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  340
Joined  2006-12-13

Can anyone who disliked and/or liked these needles clarify which ones they were using? Some of you are saying Acurea and others mentioned Aculux. Acurea does sell both kinds so I want to make sure that the good and bad reviews are actually comparing the same brand of needles.

We had been using Acuzone and loved them. Then moved to DBC Plus since we couldn’t get the Acuzone and now no DBC Plus so I had to go back to DBC Spring Ten. I have had more patients mention that they were feeling the needles more since changing to the DBC Spring Ten AND they are $3 more for a box of 1,000 than the other two brands so I am still looking for a reliable source for good needles.

This is really frustrating to not be able to get good, affordable needles since we’re going through 35,000 a month.

Thanks for your help.

Kerri

Signature 

Kerri Casey
MN Community Acupuncture

Does your clinic need help?  Click
here to find Clinic Success.

1 of 3