POCA Forums

Username Remember Me?
Password   forgot password?

2 of 3
Acurea USA:  5% discount for all POCA members + free shipping on orders over $50!
Posted: 07 February 2015 06:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  821
Joined  2008-01-15

we ( TCA ) just started plowing through our latest order from aculux/ acurea ( same thing ) and they are better so far than the last order of aculux which had lots of barbs - and previously mentioned in similar time frame above by LBCA and TACO.

i still like DBCs better ( just my opinion, i had some 20x30s stashed from before and they are smooth, no problems ) than aculux but i can live with aculux if it turns out that they had a bad batch in manufacturing that we all got stuck with ( get it ? that we got stuck with AHAHAHAHAHAA )  #worstpunever

not sure what you found bad about DBC spring ten, those are the ones i like better.  i think DBC and aculux are made by the same manufacturer , maybe they had a bad manufacturing run for both brands.

golden needle has plenty of DBC spring tens and i think you can get a bulk discount off of the $23/box.  aculux runs about 8 or 8.50 for 500.

Posted: 07 February 2015 06:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  219
Joined  2012-05-09

Here at LBCA I am using the Acurea/Acurea needle and there are only a few that have been poor, not as many as I was seeing with the DBC spring tens and with the FREE fast shipping and 16.99 per 1000 box, it’s hard to beat.

The most difficult parts is getting the lil’ sucker’s out but I’ve gotten pretty good at that now 10,000 needles later! hah! On the upside the little soy sauce like packets are recyclable!

Signature 

Susan Wiggins

Owner/Punk at Long Beach Community Acupuncture
http://www.longbeachcommunityacupuncture.com

Posted: 07 February 2015 07:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  340
Joined  2006-12-13

Thanks for the quick responses. I just ordered a batch of the Aculux to try them out.

The DBC Spring Ten are good, I used them for years. I just liked the Acuzone and DBC Plus because of the coating which made them less painful for the patients. Patients have noticed the difference as soon as I started using the DBC again so I know that they must feel the difference as I never mentioned changing the needles.

If the Aculux doesn’t work then I will also try the Acurea as well for a comparison.

I love the price, and hope that the quality holds up.

Signature 

Kerri Casey
MN Community Acupuncture

Does your clinic need help?  Click
here to find Clinic Success.

Posted: 25 June 2015 02:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  598
Joined  2008-07-28

Wow, I can’t believe I didn’t see this thread sooner.  I just got a package in the mail with samples from Acurea (back of the package says “Aculux”, but they look more like the “Acurea” needles on the website).

I had switched from DBC to Balance because I could save $2/box, but I haven’t been pleased with the quality of this latest batch of Balance needles.  And if the Acurea work out, it’s an additional $2/box savings (plus 5% POCA discount?).  Fingers crossed!

Good marketing strategy, Acurea!

Anyone have follow up feedback on how you liked them?  I only have 30 to try out, but I’m going to use them tonight and see what I think.

Posted: 25 June 2015 03:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]  
Punk
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1628
Joined  2009-02-20

We’ve been great with those for about a year.  No more quality control problems than any other brand we’ve tried.

Signature 

Mary Margaret Dobson
843 810 1225
POCA Membership Coordinator, POCA Membership Circle, General Circle

Support POCA Tech by supporting the Membership Drive!

Posted: 25 June 2015 04:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-15
keithananda - 07 February 2015 06:54 PM

we ( TCA ) just started plowing through our latest order from aculux/ acurea ( same thing ) and they are better so far than the last order of aculux which had lots of barbs - and previously mentioned in similar time frame above by LBCA and TACO.

i still like DBCs better ( just my opinion, i had some 20x30s stashed from before and they are smooth, no problems ) than aculux but i can live with aculux if it turns out that they had a bad batch in manufacturing that we all got stuck with ( get it ? that we got stuck with AHAHAHAHAHAA )  #worstpunever

not sure what you found bad about DBC spring ten, those are the ones i like better.  i think DBC and aculux are made by the same manufacturer , maybe they had a bad manufacturing run for both brands.

golden needle has plenty of DBC spring tens and i think you can get a bulk discount off of the $23/box.  aculux runs about 8 or 8.50 for 500.

just an update here ( albeit a late one ): we switched back to DBC spring tens 3-4 months ago after experiencing too many problems with aculux needles.  biggest thing i noticed with aculux was a big increase in stuck needles, barbed needles, and bleeders.

Posted: 25 June 2015 05:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  340
Joined  2006-12-13

Update: We’ve been using Aculux needles since February and have gone through about 10,000 needles and have not had any issues with them. The handles may feel slightly thinner than the DBC but we have not had any of the issues mentioned by others so maybe they’ve corrected any production issues since those complaints. Work for us.

Signature 

Kerri Casey
MN Community Acupuncture

Does your clinic need help?  Click
here to find Clinic Success.

Posted: 25 June 2015 07:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-15
kcasey44 - 25 June 2015 05:06 PM

Update: We’ve been using Aculux needles since February and have gone through about 10,000 needles and have not had any issues with them. The handles may feel slightly thinner than the DBC but we have not had any of the issues mentioned by others so maybe they’ve corrected any production issues since those complaints. Work for us.

thanks for the heads up!  I will get a sample and try them again.

the two big batches we got in december and january were awful.  we had a few phone cons back and forth with aculux at the time but we gave up because they ( the needles, not the company rep ) were dreadful.

Posted: 12 August 2015 12:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  29
Joined  2014-01-14

We started using Aculux .18X30 and are quite pleased- they have been fine and smooth so far, have been through almost 10 boxes. At only $7.59 with POCA discount for 500- it’s like getting a raise!

Posted: 12 August 2015 03:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  20
Joined  2012-02-15

We’re switching to Acurea Aculux Korean Handle Needles as well. Started with the .18 x 30 needles and went through about 20 boxes, but the other punks thought they felt too flimsy so we tried the .20 x 30 and found that they more closely resembled the DBC .18 x 30 needle (though I thought the .18 Aculux was great). We’ve gone through dozens of boxes now and haven’t had any issues. The price difference is substantial and with the amount we’re ordering it should help save the clinic a serious chunk by the end of the year.

Signature 

Chris Rogers
Acupuncturist at Wasatch Community Acupuncture

Posted: 15 August 2015 12:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  598
Joined  2008-07-28

I really liked the samples I got so I ordered 10 boxes to try them out.  But apparently I was confused and ordered the wrong kind.  So to help anyone who is trying to decide which to order:

ACUREA needles come 1,000 to a box and are NOT Silicone coated.  They also do not come in the standard “blister pack” that we are used to.  They come in little plastic baggies with a tear off top.  They start at $19.99 but go down to $16.99 if you buy 10+.

This is what I ordered by accident and it seems like the packaging will be very unwieldy.  I’m trying to decide if I should send them back or just try them out.

ACULUX needles come 500 to a box and ARE silicone coated.  They come in the standard blister pack.  This is what is coming in our samples.  They start at $9.50/box ($19/1,000) and go down to $7.99/box ($15.98/1,000) if you buy 10+, so actually a little cheaper than the Acurea.

The sales rep I spoke to said that Aculux are by far the most popular with community clinics.  When I expressed my concern about the silicone, she said that DBC, Balance, most major suppliers coat with silicone.  I couldn’t find anything one way or another on those websites.  She said she used to work for another manufacturer (didn’t name names) who even added a coating with informing customers.  :(

I hope this helps!

Posted: 24 July 2017 07:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  423
Joined  2010-09-30

We’re dealing with our very first barbed batch of needles (AcuLux Spring 10s) after two smooth years with Acurea. Has anyone managed to get replacements shipped out for free in this situation?

Signature 

instigator/punk at Guelph Community Acupuncture, Guelph ON
Enneagram 4

Posted: 24 July 2017 10:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]  
Punk
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1783
Joined  2006-10-25
Lisa B. - 24 July 2017 07:25 PM

We’re dealing with our very first barbed batch of needles (AcuLux Spring 10s) after two smooth years with Acurea. Has anyone managed to get replacements shipped out for free in this situation?

Yes, you can get them replaced.
Here is my email exchange with Monika at Acurea from about 3 weeks ago:

Hi Monika,
We usually order Aculux 10-pack needles, which generally we love using and love the price. In the last 2-3 weeks, we noticed that many of the 0.16 gauge needles ( and some of the 0.18 needles) have flaws—the tip is blunted or the needle will have a bump/burr near the tip, which and it makes it impossible to insert smoothly. I am getting as many as 1-2 needles every other 10-pack, which is wasting time and supplies, and is obviously uncomfortable for patients, since we do not ever touch the needle shaft or tip prior to insertion and cannot tell if the needles is a dud until we try to insert it. If the tip is bad it just gets stuck in the skin and I have to pull it out and take another needle hoping it will be ok.
Can you tell me anything about this issue—have you had other complaints, and if yes, how are you handling them? Are there problems with quality of manufacturing?

Thanks,
Tatyana

Hi Tatyana, I did not hear about this problem before but honestly there was another issue we experienced with the needle poking through the blister.
We addressed this issue to the factory already, we will have to address this other issue as well.
The good news is that due to the other issue we started to look for another manufacturer and it looks like we found a very good company with great quality needles in Korea who agreed to take over production for us, which will happen gradually this year. We will be able to keep our price as low as it is.
In the meantime please bear with us if you can and we would be happy to replace the effected needles for you, just let me know how many.

Thank you!
Monika

Signature 

~tatyana, co-manager & acupunk
Sarana Community Acupuncture
http://www.saranaca.org
Albany, CA

Posted: 25 July 2017 09:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  423
Joined  2010-09-30

Oh so you got the recent duds as well! Lot 17201?!

Thanks Tatyana, this is helpful.

Signature 

instigator/punk at Guelph Community Acupuncture, Guelph ON
Enneagram 4

Posted: 28 October 2018 01:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  104
Joined  2015-05-11

Where are people ordering these from? It is really unclear from the acureausa.com website which of these are 10 packs with a guide tube.

2 of 3