POCA Forums

Username Remember Me?
Password   forgot password?

2 of 2
“Why Did You Put That Needle There?” ...where to find it.
Posted: 14 August 2010 07:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1439
Joined  2007-03-26

Shauna, thanks so much.

Your thoughtful feedback means quite a bit to us.

—————-

Here’s some other feedback we’ve gotten recently from ‘punks who’ve picked up copies of ‘Needles’...

- My patients have loved the book so far.  I can’t thank you enough for it.  It is so clear and easy to digest.  Plus, it saves me a ton of explaining smile  Thank you!

- The first 2 weeks or so that we had the book we just had a few sitting out on the receptionist’s desk (before we got around to making a sign for them :p)  and patients would just pick one up and ask about it and just say they want to buy one!  Haha, so they are pretty much selling themselves.

Most people say something to the effect of ‘oh, I should get this for so-and-so, I really want them to come in for treatments, too’.  So I think that’s an awesome marketing tool and an easy way for people to encourage family and friends to try acupuncture because now they have a tool that will answer all of their potential questions.

So all in all, it’s a really great resource and patients seem to be happy about it

- I think the books are excellent. They’re MUCH more useful than I ever thought. Patients sit in the waiting room reading them and then sends their friends in that have (particular illness), or whatever they read off the list in the book.

- I really like (the) book….the language is easy-going, accurate, and respectful of the questioner.  That’s great for folks who are trying to wrap their mind around getting acupuncture (like almost everyone in Texas).

Signature 

Punk, co-worker, ED @ Manchester Acupuncture Studio in Manchester & Nashua, NH

Posted: 15 August 2010 09:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  630
Joined  2006-09-27

It is a wonderful aid for education Andy…

I just have to figure out how to make it obvious that it is a book that would be useful to pass around amongst friends etc. who patients are trying to get to come in.  It takes the mystery out of coming to acupuncture.  It doesn’t ever take the mystery out of how it really works though which is I think is one of the “unknowables.”  Like, “why are we something and not nothing.”

Thanks again Andy for, well, everything.

Posted: 15 August 2010 01:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]  
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1120
Joined  2006-11-26

not for sale

We purchased 6 copies and just left them lying around the reception area.  We have decided not to sell them, but instead just leave them available for information.

It has been a big hit.  All of our copies are well thumbed through and I see people reading them in the reception and in recliners (while waiting) and on occasion I even find them in the restroom.  A few copies have dissapeared, so I think it’s time to order some more.

David
The Hammer from SF

Signature 

Circle CA

Poutine?  Who has the poutine?

Posted: 16 August 2010 10:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  718
Joined  2009-05-06

They are wonderful!

Thanks so much!

I already had tons of acupuncture media works brouchures, so I didn’t know how much they were going to help, but they did TONS.

I see patients reading them all the time. I’ve already sold 8 copies. People come in saying I saw in that book that you can treat this and this…

Thanks so much!!

Jade Community Acupuncture, Winona, MN

acupuncturewinona.com

Signature 

Jade Fang
Jade Community Acupuncture
Does your clinic need help? Click here for Clinic Success!
Want to help direct the future of POCA web stuff?
Do you get excited looking at code? Or just want to help with data entry? Email me! .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Posted: 24 May 2011 09:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1439
Joined  2007-03-26

Update - May 2011

‘Needles’ has sold 1500+ copies worldwide, with plans for a 2nd version in the works.CAN has also received over $1300 in proceeds from sales of the books (latest check’s in the mail, Shauna!)Thanks to all who have picked up copies, made suggestions and offered up words of encouragement and appreciation.  It’s been a real pleasure to see and hear this book has made a difference in patient’s and punk’s acu-experiences. Reminder: the book is also available as a free .PDF and audio download via the MAS site.  

Signature 

Punk, co-worker, ED @ Manchester Acupuncture Studio in Manchester & Nashua, NH

2 of 2