POCA Forums

Username Remember Me?
Password   forgot password?

Part-time Position in Bellingham, WA
Posted: 19 September 2019 11:53 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2012-11-14

This job is NOT a POCA clinic. It is a sliding-scale non-profit community health clinic that has 10hrs per week of acupuncture. The clinic subsidizes the acupuncture program because they care about their patients.
Most patients are Medicaid, Medicare, Disability, SSI, or uninsured.

Why is this so cool? The majority of patients pay $0-5 per treatment! The top end of the sliding scale is $15, but hardly any of the patients pay that amount. For real.
It’s four patients per hour (with a half-hour set aside for new patients), three zero gravity chairs and one table in a pretty small room.

I’ve had this job for over a year now, but had the opportunity in Dec 2018 to take over Hamsterpuncture, which I did. Now called Bellingham Community Acupuncture, it needs more of my time and attention to expand.

https://www.vs4.vscyberhosting.com/unitycarenw/Careers.aspx?req=2019-BELLINGH-080&type=JOBDESCR

It’s an employee position, not an independent contractor. They have paid sick leave accrual, 401k with % matching benefits, bicycle/public transport commuting incentives, and paid employee trainings.
It is a very independent position.

Please PM me to discuss more!

Thanks,
-Matt

Posted: 24 September 2019 05:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  140
Joined  2014-10-24

Thank you for posting this Matt and I’m glad to hear that Bellingham CA is growing!

Signature 

Shelby Smith
Punk at FSPA Community Acupuncture
Membership Circle Coordinator

Posted: 22 October 2019 12:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  239
Joined  2008-08-05

This sounds cool, Matt! I hope you got some good applicants!

Signature 

Sonja Sivesind
Clinic owner/Punk in Seattle, WA
POCA Volunteer: Clinic Success