Join POCA as a Provider Member (formerly called Clinic Member) !
Community acupuncture is healthcare by, of, and for the people. Join the movement to bring affordable, safe, and effective healthcare to everyone.
Clinic/Provider members annual dues: $150 to $300
Your membership immediately helps POCA to:
- Create and expand POCA clinics in under-served areas via our micro loan program.
- Train new community acupuncturists (aka: “acupunks” or “punks”) in our own acupuncture school, POCA Tech (http://www.pocatech.org).
- Connect Community Acupuncture patients and providers via our “Locate-a-Clinic” listing.
- Share information on best practices in community acupuncture among patients and punks via our website forums and blogs.
- Provide affordable continuing education classes to punks via POCA Online CEUs and POCA Fest workshops.
- Continue building and maintaining a knowledge commons.
- Do legislative work supporting the role of community acupuncture in creating access to safe and effective care.
- Provide a working model for sustainable, ethical, affordable community healthcare practices.
- Increase access to affordable acupuncture for all.
Joining as a POCA Co-operative Provider Member also means being able to access, support and contribute to:
- Our micro-loan program
- Relevant, affordable online CEUs online.
- Co-op governance via POCA's Circles
- POCA Fests, regional meetings, and other workshops.
- Affordable education to train community acupuncturists.
- Resources for opening, maintaining and expanding Affordable/Accessible/Trauma Informed health-care clinics and practices.
- A knowledge commons that includes topics like: building community health partnerships, developing a legal frameworks to support affordable, accessible, trauma informed care, and much more.
MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENTS in addition to annual dues are as follows:
A listing on the LOC page is optional, and any member wishing to be listed MUST:
- Complete all required fields in the registration form
- Provide a link to their website where pricing for their acupuncture and other services is clearly posted. The POCA Locate-A-Clinic admin volunteers will need to verify that you meet this requirement before your listing is visible.
Provider members MUST also:
- Honor POCA member "Friends and Family" coupons for free treatments.
- Waive new patient fees for POCA members.
- Honor free-birthday treatments for POCA members.
POCA members may be asked to show a current POCA membership card to redeem birthday and waived new patient benefits.
With each annual renewal, ALL POCA members receive:
Free birthday treatment each year during the week of your birthday.
Three “Free First Treatment" coupons for your friends or family. – good at any POCA clinic, no new-patient paperwork fee charged.
No new-patient paperwork fee charges for yourself at any POCA clinics.
Free subscription to “Sticking Together” – our e-newsletter.
Access to online discussion forums connecting POCA patients, community members and punks and providers
Volunteer opportunities with locally, regionally, and POCA-wide, including your eligibility to participate in POCA’s cooperative governance.
Voting privileges for annually selecting our Board of Directors.
Benefits for Clinic/Provider members include:
- 8 free online CEUs when you join or renew
- Access to POCA's active online knowledge commons, including forum discussions, manuals, clinic paperwork, and much more.
- A basic listing on our member listing page.
- Volunteer help in your clinic from POCA members.
- Access to all POCA Tv videos.
- The POCA Safety Manual
- Invitations to local/ regional meetings, CA trainings, and POCA events.
- Sticking Together – our e-newsletter.
- Eligibility for micro-loans.
every POCA member receives 3 free-treatment coupons to share with family and friends
a free birhtday treatment each year
waived new patient fees at member providers
One Of The Major Benefits Of Membership Is Proprietary Information. Because Of This, No Refunds Are Available.
Ready to join? Start by selecting your membership payment amount:
If you have questions, please email our membership coordinator.