Why Join POCA as an Organizational Member?
We’re different from other acupuncture organizations.
POCA, as a multi-stakeholder co-op, is designed to build long-term, stable economic relationships based on fair treatment for everybody. Multi-stakeholder cooperatives recognize that producers and consumers are mutually dependent and that a healthy relationship between these groups is connected to the health of the larger community and economy.
We focus our resources and energy on:
- organizing a supportive community of practitioners to help get new clinics up and running, including free peer mentoring;
- building successful clinics through hard work and best practices;
- collecting detailed data via our annual survey about the health of our clinics and our business model;
- putting on AT LEAST one conference a year;
- raising funds to open and expand clinics through our micro loan program; and
- POCA Tech, our own school – so that we will have access to well-trained acupuncturists who are ready to practice and not drowning in student debt.
We don’t waste energy or resources on:
- turf warfare with other healthcare practitioners: chiropractors, physical therapists, nurses, medical doctors or anyone else;
- lobbying to pass legislation that has no hope of passing;
- fighting with insurance companies over reimbursement; or
- arguing internally about what our goals are. We know exactly what our goals are.
POCA is looking for organizational members to help us bring more acupuncture to more people and create living-wage jobs for acupuncturists.